Perfect Prime Rib
- 1 Prime Rib Roast, preseasond from Tiefenthaler Quality Meats
- 1 package au jus, follow package directions
Place roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of roast, not touching fat.
DO NOT ADD WATER. DO NOT COVER.
Roast in oven at 300 degrees until meat thermometer registers 10 degrees below desired doneness. During standing time, roast will continue to rise 10 degrees and reach the final meat thermometer reading. Allow roast to stand tented with foil 10 minutes before serving. Temperature will rise, and roast will be easier to carve.
EASY AU JUS
Reserve meat juices from roasting pan, skim fat. Combine the following ingredients with 2 tablespoons
of the meat juices and heat to boiling:
- 2 cubes beef bouillon or 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Serve with prime rib and enjoy!
- Rare Cook 17 to 19 minutes per lb.Internal Temp. 135 to 140
- Medium/Rare Cook 20 to 22 minutes per lb.Internal Temp. 145 to 150
- Medium Cook 23 to 25 minutes per lb.Internal Temp. 155 to 160
- Well Done Cook 27 to 30 minutes per lb.Internal Temp. 165 to 170
Makes about 8 Servings